How frustrating! Day after day of sleepless nights, begging for the sweet release of sleep.
Insomnia. The common sleeping problem that has many people around the world concerned.
The consequences that this disorder can inflict on folks can be downright punishing.
‘Endless hours of looking repeatedly at your clock while moving around in your bed. It’s mental and emotional agony that we can do without. Having to stick it out the next day after another sleepless night is not only difficult, it can be dangerous. People just do not function well with little or no sleep. Mistakes can and do happen when people are tired and, sadly enough, they are not the ONLY ones that get hurt.
I don’t want you to suffer anymore. Try these tips to help you in your quest for a good night’s sleep.
1. Try not eating within 4 hours before you go to sleep. Have some fruit if you are hungry but do not eat any heavy food. Your food won’t be digested well, and you will have a poor and uncomfortable sleep.
2. Go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day, even during the weekends. Some insomniacs try to sleep at any time of the day to catch up on some sleep they lost at night. Don’t do this. It ruins your body clock and will only make your insomnia worse. If you can’t sleep one night, get up at the same time the next morning. You’ll be sleeping like a baby the next night.
3. Stop drinking coffee or alcohol. Caffeine can interrupt your ability to sleep. Alcohol can make you drowsy, but it can wake you up in the middle of the night and bring you side effects that will affect your ability to sleep well.
4. Exercise daily to release tension. Do some breathing exercises to relax your body. Most important of all, don’t bring your problems to sleep with you. If you really have fixed attention on some problem or some situation from work then get up, grab some paper and a pen and write, write, write. Write down what is on your mind. Write down ANY feelings, emotions, ideas etc. Do this until you are satisfied. Then, go to sleep.
5. Don’t try to force yourself to sleep. You could try doing the opposite. Try NOT to sleep and see if that works. This has amazing effects on some people. As they are trying so hard not to sleep they suddenly drop off without knowing it.
I hope you do well. Good Night!